Tuesday 7 July 2015

Caution...curve ahead!!!

Almost 14 years old
She loved the snow
Curve indeed.... You just never know what life will throw your way. Last week was not a good one in our household. We had to make the most difficult decision to put down our older dog Zoe . Her health in the last week had been getting worse. She wasn't eating much and her mobility was getting bad. The last straw was when she refused to eat a milkbone...her treats she never turned down.She needed help to get up off the floor. We spent a heartbreaking weekend with her and on Monday called the vet. Our fur babies are such a part of our lives...but we knew it was the best thing.

Luckily I was kept busy the rest of the week getting the trailer ready to go to my family reunion. It was a weekend full of laughter and catching up. So now another week has begun and I am playing catch up, trying to get all the work done so that this weekend I can relax. Why?!?! Three friends are coming...three quilting buddies and we have three days of sewing ahead of us! I think this might actually become an annual event, now wouldn't that be great!!

So I haven't been sewing but I do have lots of binding to do. This quilt has been increased from 60x80 to 82x96 and the machine quilting has been extended to cover the additional borders. I just have to attach the binding and sew it down. But with it being a flannel quilt, I am looking for a few cool days to do that.

For those regular blog readers...I will try to write more often...don't want to disappoint my followers. Stay tuned I am sure this weekend will hold lots of fun. Thanks for hanging in there!!


4 comments:

  1. Losing a furbaby is never easy. They become such a part of our life it's hard to say goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this my friend. I know how hard it is and we will miss Zoe at quilt camp this weekend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your having to say goodbye to your sweet girl. Goldens are the best, and I miss our sweet Toby so much. I'm ready for another, but DH says no. :-(

    Lucky you at being able to spend a weekend with quilty friends ... I long to have some real life quilty friends to spend weekends quilting with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your Zoe - our dogs are such good friends and so much a part of our family -- its so sad to see them go.

    ReplyDelete

Let me introduce myself....

 It would seem that maybe I should re-introduce myself as I have been away from blogland for way too long. I have heard from some of my read...