Thursday 30 July 2015

Sew this ...cut that, bzzzzz!!!! zzzing!!!rippppp (hopefully NOT!)

Yes just me and the dog for a whole weekend and the sewing machine and the rotary cutter will be buzzing!!!
It will be a retreat of sorts for one. Let's see what this girl can turn out in four days! I have plans but we all know how that goes, you start on one thing and SQUIRREL!!! You are onto another thing!
So with that in mind, I have tumblers to cut out to use as leaders and enders, I have a baby quilt that needs basting and quilting then binding. I must get started on some demos for the new guild year, and there are at least 3 baby quilts I want to make for little ones that are being born this summer. YIKES

Tumblers,leaders and enders
This past Monday my friend Jessica and I went on a mini road trip to two shops in the row by row. She is collecting the rows but I just went along for the ride and a little retail therapy. This is the smallest amount of fabric I think I have ever bought. Just a few fat quarters  to increase the size of my tumblers. I took along some of the tumblers I have already cut to match colours. It is the strangest shade of brown/beige!
robot baby quilt for a little boy

Whatever you are up to today and this weekend...hope you are having fun!!
P.S.  Just a thank you to those who commented on my rant from the other day. It is nice to know I am not alone in my thoughts on this subject.

1 comment:

Let me introduce myself....

 It would seem that maybe I should re-introduce myself as I have been away from blogland for way too long. I have heard from some of my read...