Sunday 21 June 2015

Back on Track!

needs last border of plaid then backing border
Well it has been a busy week but not in the sewing department. Lots of meeting and goings on! But I did fit in some sewing on friday....well!! I sewed 4 borders on and then an hour later had to rip them out as I had put them on the wrong sides. I am making a quilt wider and a bit longer, I had a 50/50 chance of doing it right and lost. I did get them back on correctly and called it a night. So today my task is to finished putting on the last border and increasing the backing. I think it would have been easier to make the top from scratch. There will need to be some quilting done too and I am thinking of continuing the machine quilting that is on the quilt now. That will require some practicing as I am not proficient in machine quilting. Wish me luck!!
doing this one is more fun
I am also wanting to put a few more stitches in this baby quilt today. That will be my slow stitching with Kathy.

Yesterday I spent the day putting in the last of the bedding plants for the garden and adding some flowers to the front of my house. Now we need some warm weather to get everything growing healthy!

veggie garden is coming along
Miss Belle inspecting flowers
1st peony blossoms

My dad(will be 18 years this December he past away)

 Today while I work away I will be thinking of my dad and wishing him a Happy Father's day. I remember him fondly, his sneaky grin  and love of anything sweet especially date squares!
playing with some friends




Also wishing another special man in my life a Happy Father's day....my hubby.








6 comments:

  1. Ugh on the border fiasco :(
    Hope you have lots of relaxing hand stitching time today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when I have to take out my sewing. At least you caught the mistake. The colors are very pretty. Love that baby quilt too. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In-sewing is the worst! Tell Teddy I hope he spent a nice Fathers's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was supposed to say un-sewing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your border troubles. My seam ripper is my best friend. I am always making some mistake or another!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, so sorry to hear that you had to unstitch all your borders ... such a pain to have to unstitch that much, but worth it in the end. Love your little baby quilt - so cute.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...