Thursday 16 July 2015

Post "Quilt Camp North"Blues

They have packed up their machines and fabric bundles and have all gone home. My house is back in order and ALL those threads and fabric bits have been cleaned up. Now I can't wait for next year to do it all again!!
We really did have so much fun. Stories and giggles till our sides hurt. Catching up with each other as we live 5-6 hours apart.Now if only I could catch up on my sleep!!
Kathy I think you forgot something!!
So we all managed to get things accomplished. Barb and Louise worked on a quilt together. Barb also did some binding for me. Kathy got a mini(very mini) tumbler done and her stash buster quilt top finally put together with only a little bit of pushing. We had to bribe her and it worked although she forgot her bribe when she left. And as I write this blog post, it is what she posted about today on her blog too. You can read about it here!!!Not to worry Kathy I will take care of your things!! wink wink!!


Jamestown Landing by Bonnie Hunter- my version
 I finally got the pieces altogether for Jamestown Landing. That is one weighty flimsy top. It just needs some borders and it will be ready for quilting. I also worked on a tumbler piece, got it all sewn up and then Tuesday while doing some shopping, I decided to enlarge it. So now it is in pieces once again so I can add more colours and pieces to make the piece larger. Look for that in the coming days.
Today I have some major weeding in my garden to do and then to pack. I am headed to visit another quilt buddy for the weekend. I love my life!!!! We try to get together each month for a weekend, with phonecalls and facebook inbetween!! Hmmm wonder what I will pack to do this weekend?
Coffee is almost done so I have to get my butt in gear, there is work to be done so I can play this weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. Your Jamestown Landing looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to our visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've got a lot of real-life quilty friends. Lucky you! Enjoy your get together this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trout Creek Town is what you should call it!
    And it looks fabulous! I just love it and I know it was a long term project that was a real challenge to put together... you did a great job!
    I trust you to take care of my assets until we meet again LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barkertown what Trout Creek was called way back in the day!! Consider you assets cared for!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Let me introduce myself....

 It would seem that maybe I should re-introduce myself as I have been away from blogland for way too long. I have heard from some of my read...