Sunday 27 June 2021

One thing leads to another and another!

It has been a week! First I discovered that the dehumidifier didn't shut off when it got full and overflowed onto the floor in the basement where most of my sewing things are stored. Nothing was harmed because of it but I had to lift the subfloor and dry the area out. With this being done, lots of things were moved, gone through, reorganized and purged. It feels good to clean and eliminate. OMG I have so many projects to get finished. Not only that but so much fabric that needs to be used up. I have a mountain of patterns that I want to make as well. There is no time like the present to get busy but first I must clear the tables of the projects I am already working on. 

Pink blobs are going to be roses
While going through things I found a couple small things that I had set aside to do "some" day. Well I brought them upstairs and got busy with them yesterday. I had a Redpath sugar bag hanging as a wall hanging in the basement sewing room. I decided to open it, cut it in half and make two  dish drying towels. I also found a small piece of cloth with a cross stitching center so I am making a small doily like table covering. I hemmed the edges and am also doing some cross stitching on it! Been  a long time since I did that.

I am also trying to finish a pair of socks for sockapalooza challenge from Sweet Yarns store in Sudbury. I thought I should have been able to get two pairs made in a month but I will be lucky to get one pair finished.

my socks half done
All of that and I have two quilts in the middle of being hand quilted. One in the frame and one in a hoop. I am determined so today there will be lots of slow stitching happening in my little corner of the world. It has been raining since Friday. A nice gentle rain to soak in and the garden has come to life. But this also means indoor time to get things finished. That is what will be on the agenda today after the homemade sourdough bread is done being baked. I have time this morning to check in on
Kathy and her slow stitching Sunday
post but will have to return to visit with everyone later as I am posting early this morning! Something that almost never happens!

Have a great week everyone and maybe check out your sewing room for some long forgotten treasures that need to be finished!

12 comments:

  1. Yes I think a sewing day today also! Just repaired a fallen tomato plant in the garden. Drained my overflowing herbs. Sour dough bread sounds so yummy! I need to get on that! Hugs and enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be kind to yourself, Rome was not built in a day. A few years back
    I made an honest list of all the projects in process, it amounted to 78! Shocking I know, yet it was the truth. Decided to work on them and see what could be finished,so now the list is much less. Also decided to kit up all the quilts and patterns that I truly loved and wanted to do in this lifetime. So did that, made a list of what was still needed that I did not have for these projects, so when sales rolled around at the quilt shop these items coukd be added over time. Did not mean new unexpected projects would not be added or made in between everything else, it just meant I was no longer feeling overwhelmed by the projects. Also used the opportunity to give away fabrics and anything which was no longer on my list to others. Felt better and more kind to myself, something we believe we are not entitled to be by others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes rehoming and purging things I will never use felt very good! I like you list idea of projects too. I have a smaller list and every now and again I check it. I actually stroked 3 things off of it!!

      Delete
  3. I have had that happen with humidifiers also. Very frustrating. At least you saw the bright side and found things to work on and purge. I look forward to seeing the finished items. Love the sock yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does feel good to organize and eliminate. Sorry for the inconvenience of the humidifier though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects! It does feel great to go through everything, find lost treasures, and purge. I am still working on that. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry that you had water issues. I'm glad my dehumidifier basically sits on top of the sump drain, so when (not if) it overflows, there's little chance of damage.

    I did a huge triage of projects back in 2015 and sorted and purged. My criteria are 1)is it all there - instructions, materials, embellishments? if yes, do I still love it? if yes, it goes into the "Keep" bin. 2)if it's not all there, can I figure it out or replace what is missing easily? if so, list what's missing, replace asap and it goes in the "Keep" bin.

    2) I don't love it, don't want to work on it, it's a 'what was I thinking? All there? = donate. Not all there? recycle or repurpose what I can, and trash the rest.

    It's not easy to do that, there are sunk costs in the materials. But it's so nice to only have things I love in the stash. Good luck with the sorting.

    PS. I love your sock yarn - very colorful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ideas and some that I have used in the past.

      Delete
  7. You really were up and at it early this morning!
    You are on a roll with activity!
    So fun to find lost treasures... hope you had fun with slow stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, flooded basement doesn't sound much fun. Pleased you found some long forgotten projects to do, it's amazing what we find stashed away isnt it. Your socks look pretty in that stripey yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed reading your post (despite the downs of house keeping up). I love finding things I've stashed and forgotten about...glad to hear I'm not the only one. Nice to give them new life now. Wonderful knitting too and I do love those blue plaid hearts in your last post. Happy Stitching from me Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came across a testimony about how he made $5500 every week just with a capital of $1500, because I was desperately looking for online investment plan which I can invest my wages, I contact the company, MIDAS GOLD MONEY and they guided me, now I just received my profit of $8000 with a capital of a
    $2000 just in 10 working day's, contact them WhatsApp: +17168691327

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...