Sunday 18 January 2015

Busy WeekS

So much for my resolution this year to blog more than once a week...blew it this week! But I do have lots to show for staying away from the computer!!
star whack and stack blocks
Last Saturday I attend a workshop at guild on whack and stack and yesterday was the second part of the workshop. I had my blocks sewn together and made into a top. So yesterday I tried my hand at whack and stack with stars instead of pinwheels. I think I like the stars more. So today I am hoping to sandwich the quilt and get a head start on the quilting. I would like to see it done for Tuesday so I can take it to another guild and it will be recorded as my first finish of 2015!!



It is very mild here today with fine snow and at time almost rain falling. I cleared the driveway of snow that fell yesterday and decided since it was mild I would take down the outdoor Christmas decorations. With all that done, I treated myself to a large mug of hot chocolate and it just isn't right without marshmallows!!
So sitting here writing my blog and linking up with Kathy for slow stitching Sunday and enjoying my mug!!She asked us to include a picture of our hand doing the work. I gotta say that is no easy task when you are right handed and only have a camera with the button on the right!!





I am a sucker for sunsets and pretty coloured skies! Yesterday morning I caught this. It really doesn't do it justice but I was lucky I got the pic at all...10 minutes later the sky was grey/blue!












6 comments:

  1. That cocoa looks so yummy! I had the same problem getting a picture of my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such yummy photos! Now I am craving hot chocolate :)
    Thanks for linking up and sharing your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love those stars, didn't realize you could do whack and stack stars! I agree on the photo taking, not an easy task

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a couple of pictures from a previous blog post that I was able to pull up. That hot chocolate certainly does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was disappointed today when I didn't have any marshmallows for my cocoa. Yours looks delicious. I love those whack and stack stars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the whack and stack stars! I too didn't realize you could make them into stars. I love yours so much that I'm thinking I need to learn the whack and stack method!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...