Saturday 31 January 2015

Grand Illusion Mystery Linkup

So Bonnie Hunter  is having a linky party so we can all show off our mysteries. My top is completed and I hope by the end of this weekend it will be well on the way to being quilted too!
I went with a different colour scheme than she did and all of it was from my stash too!! I only did half the units but when it came time to put it altogether the way I did, I had to make a few more units for the border and sashing to complete it.
Now to decide how to quilt it.
A big thank you to Bonnie Hunter for another successful mystery quilt!! Looking forward to next year's!!!
I think camera needs cleaning

stack&whack stars











This week I have also finished two baby quilts and put the binding on a charity quilt. Six of us worked to get the top done, one quilted it and I put the binding on. A group effort for sure. The quilt is made of 2 1/2"and  1 1/2" squares and 1 1/2 x 2 1/2" rectangles. A shout out to Mallory,Linda,Sandra, Jackie and Jessica, our quilt looks beautiful!!




5 comments:

  1. I can't get over how great our quilt looks! Amazing that we were able to all do a little bit to get it put together so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that your quilt looks wonderful. I love it when several people put a quilt together so quickly. You all should be very proud of yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your Grand Illusions quilt ... it must be your fabric choices because your blocks really stand out from the sashing, unlike most I've seen. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Grand Illusion is my favorite one that I've seen so far! You did a fabulous job of picking colours! Love your scrappy quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Grand Illusion is a stunner! I agree with Kathy and Quilter Kathy...yours is my favourite and the blocks stand out. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...