Sunday 11 January 2015

Sewing Saturday and slow stitching Sunday!!

focus fabric in center & my 6 blocks so far
too cute
Now that is a weekend I can enjoy! Yesterday I attended a whack and stack class. I have never done one of these quilts.  Well I can't say that anymore and they can be addictive! After watching everyone's blocks coming together, I started thinking of all the different fabric I have that I could use! I like to make a quilt with a purpose usually. I didn't need to add to my UFO pile so I chose to do a baby quilt. This fabric has been in my stash for (let's just say awhile). I just love how the little faces of the bugs are showing up in the blocks...you can't help but smile!!I downsized my blocks too so they would be a smaller size for a baby quilt.
I have some dark fabric with fighter jets in primary colours...oh how they would make a great block!!! Stay tuned that could happen. We have part 2 of our class next Saturday!!

a few more parts must be made 
After class yesterday I was in a mood to sew. So I thought I would continue on with the Bonnie Hunter mystery. Now I was only doing half the units...BUT a bit of a problem has come to light! I find I have to go back and make a couple more units(more than half of the required blocks). Guess it is not so bad. Just something to keep in mind for the future if you think you will just make half of the units for a quilt.
I am continuing to hand quilt on my quilt. It is definitely a work in progress and I find I am enjoying my time with my hoop and needle and thread. I don't even miss my knitting. The sweater I wanted to make is at a standstill cause the wool I have is to thick for the pattern. I must find a different pattern but I really like the pattern I have. Just a bit disappointing!!!

So today will find me bopping back and forth between the sewing machine,ironing board and the hoop doing some hand quilting. Join Kathy
and the others and see what they are up to on this slow stitching Sunday!!


7 comments:

  1. I will be in the same boat in terms of not having enough of some of the mystery units to make a smaller version.
    Enjoy your stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a stack and whack quilt once and was amazed at how the blocks come together. Good idea to make a baby size, they always get gifted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never done stack and whack but have heard of it. I bet it is fun to lay the blocks out and see how they come out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful projects...like the stack n whack blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liking the stack and whack and I am anxious to see your Bonnie Hunter as I was not too fond of her colour scheme - I am sure I will like yours better

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those whack and stack blocks. Such a cute fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never done a Whack and Stack quilt, but I've always wanted to. I really like how yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...