Sunday 4 January 2015

Snowy Girl's Weekend

For the second year in a row, I spent the weekend with my good friend Susan at her home on the river. DH was a little dubious about me going as there was an impending snow storm on the horizon and maybe freezing rain but I was determined to go, and I did. The drive there wasn't bad, I had to take it a little slower but got there no problem. We spent the weekend catching up after the holidays. Since my move 7 years ago we have remained friends and try to get together monthly if we can! We haven't seen each other since October so all the more reason to go. I took a few things to work on but mostly I just wanted to hand quilt which is what I did. I only got two blocks finished but there is a lot of quilting in those blocks and with all the talking and movie watching...well you know!!!

The drive home today was not as quick. What should have been a 1.5 hours drive turned into 2.5 hours. It was snowing heavily when I left and turned into almost clear skies closer to home. I was not travelling on a highway but more like a two lane paved country road and driving at 50 kmph, you get to see and look at all the pretty vistas. Lucky for me not many others were travelling today! This was the view I had today for awhile!!!


DH had supper ready to go when I got home so after dishes I am settling in to do more hand quilting in my hoop and slow stitching  along with Kathy. I am working on the Autumn dresdan plate. The first of my "wanna get done" for 2015!
It will be an early bed as there is a busy week ahead!

8 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fantastic weekend! I am glad your drive went safely. Good luck on your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for spending your birthday weekend with me! I enjoyed it very much and felt like I got a lot accomplished... Even if you are a bad influence and made me stay up late watching chick flicks! LOL Hugs and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU SHOULDN'T BE TAKING PICTURES WHILE DRIVING.
    Reckless.
    -DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped my car and took the pics. There was no driving on that road and fiddling with a camera!!
      My multi tasking skills are in the sewing room not in the driver's seat on bad roads!! Thanks for your concern!

      Delete
  4. So glad you made it home safely! Your dresdan looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful weekend that must have been! Does your friend quilt, too? Glad you got home safe and sound and got in a little slow stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she does. We actually have a few things in common which is why we get along well!!

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful weekend... so glad the weather didn't prevent you from the visit! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...