Sunday 10 May 2020

Happy Mother's Day


Friday morning
It is a day for moms to sit back, relax and enjoy their day! DH made breakfast and has supper in the crockpot for us. I get a day to do whatever I want...mostly it will be hand quilting. If it were nicer outside, I would be working in the garden but with the snow we had over the last few days ...that isn't happening! How could it be that this past Wednesday I heard this and took video and on Friday we had snow!!
I will also be visiting Kathy and reading what everyone is up to today on slow stitching Sunday. There will be lots of slow stitching in my future...this is a large quilt. Hope you don't get sick of my posts before it is done. I love the feather plume in the border and the rope border too! I don't usually do such a large border but I do believe that I had this in mind when I finished the quilt top in........ May 2012!! Oh my that was exactly 8 years ago. That really isn't a very old UFO!!!right!!
And so it begins


ready to do the first roll

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilting. Happy Stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh....you have snow?? Isn't it nearly summer there?? I don't think anyone could tire of seeing the progress of your lovely quilt. The quilting patterns are lovely. Hope it warms up for you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my you poor dear, snow!!!!!!! No wonder it's nice and cool down here in Texas. Your quilting looks spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golly, your snow stuck! Possibly a record in your parts for the month of May. Weather like that is perfect for a crock pot meal and quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Let me introduce myself....

 It would seem that maybe I should re-introduce myself as I have been away from blogland for way too long. I have heard from some of my read...