Sunday 31 May 2020

Rainy and cold

plant covering in the background, oh lilac!!
After our first heat wave of the summer, we now have had 2-3 days of rain and overnight it went down to 4 degrees Celcius(40 degrees F for my American readers). So even though the garden is growing and other plants are starting to bloom, we had to cover last night and probably tonight as well. My lilacs are just starting to open, but not ready for a vase indoors. so while on my walk yesterday I stole some from an abandoned yard in the neighbourhood!(they are my favorite) My other favorite is Lily of the Valley, you can almost smell their fragrance in this pic. I finally have some hummingbirds at my feeder. They started to appear around it last week, but this weekend they are actually taking nectar away and sitting a spell on my clothesline. I can watch them from my kitchen window while doing dishes!
lily of the valley
cute little hummingbird










Now for something quilting related. More going on outside than in my sewing studio. I am a week ahead on the quilting because I got to roll it midweek!! yah me!!!see here and here. I started to realize that all the pics I take of this quilt on the frame look the same. This is do mostly to the colours in the quilt. But today I would like to point out the back pole on the frame...there is getting to be less and less fabric on it, which means I am getting closer to a finish!! I didn't get the quilt positioned on the backing like I would
like it to be, so I am hoping that I don't run out of batting or backing when I get to the last roll!! Sending a little hello to the sewing Gods to watch over my quilt!!

My back is doing better although there is no gardening in the foreseeable future. I am okay with that as long as I can still quilt and that seems to be okay. I switch it up with some knitting in a more comfortable chair. That is where you will find me today after checking out what Kathy is up to! She almost fooled me today with two posts...over-achiever!!(we're friends so I can get away with saying that) So make sure to check out her blog and what everyone is slow stitching on today!

Have a good week and remember whatever you do or whoever you see this...the whole world is in chaos...so just be kind. I think that is a little something all of us can do!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt. Glad your back is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, pinch flowers whilst out walking. =) The fragrance of lilacs is divine. By the looks of your tree you will be enjoying the sweet scent of these pretty flowers inside your home very soon. How exciting that your quilt is getting close to the finishing line. It must be lovely to look out your window and see the beautiful hummingbirds that visit you. Great to hear that your back is getting better. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

  3. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email
    address::{professionalonlinecardhacker@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $650 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $700 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $900 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    emailaddress::::{professionalonlinecardhacker@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+13523585253


    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete

Let me introduce myself....

 It would seem that maybe I should re-introduce myself as I have been away from blogland for way too long. I have heard from some of my read...