Sunday 17 May 2020

Another week gone by!

This has probably been the worst week for me since this whole covid thing started. Although DH has been great, we have not seen our daughter since Christmas. Sure am missing her, although we talk a lot on the phone. She is a 5 hour drive away(one way) so not practical or deemed essential to see her. As things open up, people are starting to let down their guards. I am not ready or willing to do that yet and we have been pretty lucky where we live with not too many cases. I do think the next two weeks will tell us what we need to know, with mother's day visits and this long weekend.

Sorry for the ba humbug mood. That's what happens when you are in a funk. I will try to lighten it up a bit!

only 5 inches high


oak tree&poppies to be
I checked out what Kathy was up to today. She is all about rhubarb. My patch is not nearly as far along as her's but it will be soon! I also have been doing lots of gardening. It has finally warmed up a bit although the nights are still cold. Today the whole day was spent removing weeds from this flower bed. My little oak tree was grown from an acorn by my dad(so it is a pretty special tree). Most of the green in this bed are poppies that will bloom in a month or two. But when they are done there isn't much left in it colourwise so I plan to add some annuals to brighten it up. You can tell from the trees in the background, leaves haven't even started to unfurl as yet!

With all this being outside getting gardens in and weeds out, the quilting is on the back burner a bit. I get an hour or two each evening. I worked a little extra yesterday so I could roll it. That means that I have been able to go from one side to the other in a week. At that rate I figure I have about 6 or 7 weeks of quilting left to do!!













The Piranhas!!
Today I want to give a special shout out to my Piranha friends. Here's hoping we can soon plan our annual retreat, even if it might be in November!!

1 comment:

  1. Your quilting looks amazing! Great job!
    Sure do hope that life will be able to resume in the near future, however I am very cautious like you. I'm happy to stand back, stay safe at home and see what happens to those who aren't.

    ReplyDelete

Let me introduce myself....

 It would seem that maybe I should re-introduce myself as I have been away from blogland for way too long. I have heard from some of my read...