Tuesday 5 May 2020

Just a little giddy!!

Why giddy you ask? I am starting a hand quilting project, my first love when it comes to finishing quilts. I promised myself that I would get a couple machine quilted ones done and then as a reward of sorts, I would set up the frame and do some slow needle and thread with thimble stitching!!
frame and quilt ready to go
This quilt was a BOM from guild. My friend Mallory organized it and presented us with the blocks. The BOM was from Sept 2011-May 2012, so needless to say it is about time it got finished. I usually quilt on a large frame but space is at a premium now in my studio so I have opted for this smaller frame. It was purchased from a distant cousin when she was downsizing. I believe that her husband made it for her. It is a bit wobbly but does the job and doesn't take up much space.

tools of the trade, with 1st stitches in place




So this is where you will find me for the next few months. With isolation and no where to go, I am hoping that I can complete it in under 3 months.(pushing for 2 months but we will see). I have told DH that this might be the quickest way to have isolation end, by setting up something I need months to work on. Either way I have all summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me introduce myself....

 It would seem that maybe I should re-introduce myself as I have been away from blogland for way too long. I have heard from some of my read...