Sunday 5 April 2020

Mystery shenanigans!

Eydta's mystery blocks
I have been working steady on Eydta Sitar's mystery. All the blocks have been posted and the layout we had as we went along. Here are my blocks. There are a few that I would change now but I am leaving them as is. She promises us a surprise tomorrow so I am not putting the top together just yet. It has been picked up off the floor and pinned in rows. So I can get started sewing once she posts on her blog tomorrow.
I have also been working on another quilt. I have a gazillion hst to make and some little stars. I have the pieces all cut and will sew them together using the different pieces as leaders and enders. They are small 6" blocks so shouldn't take long. Aren't they cute!These are more pieces for the quilt I teased my readers with here. Any guesses yet!?!
more pieces to sew
There is no shortage of quilts to make but I keep seeing more on the internet and facebook. I found a pattern for Jack's chain. In most of the patterns there are "Y" seams. But this pattern I saw has none of those and is pieced into blocks. Hmmm...dare I start yet another project...nooooo!! Well maybe once I have these two closer to being finished. Maybe a little incentive for me.
I also want to get another quilt ready to  hand quilt. With all this down time and time at home...it is a good way to pass the time. It is also lots of slow stitching time. Checking in with Kathy and friends to see what we are all up to. Slow stitching for me today will be some knitting. I am so close to having a new pair of wool socks just in time for Spring. This picture was taken a couple days ago. I only have toes to finish off
slowly it is leaving
 The snow is almost gone, robins have returned and the grass is starting to sprout greener! Some things don't stop for a pandemic! We are being asked to stay home and stay in our houses, but that doesn't mean we have to be idle...there is lots to do. Well in my studio there is!!!haha


8 comments:

  1. I've decided that starting a new project is a sign of hope, so I'm starting LOTS and LOTS!
    I've been watching Edyta's mystery unfold, but didn't play along. Yours looks great! I wonder what the surprise is? An alternate layout maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am guessing borders since she gave us the finished size at the beginning and we are no where near that size.

      Delete
  2. Variety is the spice of life and all those pretties you have in the works will keep you busy. I am loving the look of your Eydta Mystery quilt...such pretty colours. As you say, you certainly get up to lots of stitching and knitting shenanigans in your studio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Your Eydta mystery quilt is lovely! Some to the blocks look challenging to me, but your’s are lovely! Congratulations! You know, I usually pick more colorful fabrics, but your Star block is so pretty and restful to the eye! I may have to experiment with color! You are quite right, these is lots to do at home! Thank you for sharing over at Kathy’s Quilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her instructions are quite good and the blocks are easier than they look!

      Delete
  4. I love your Edyta quilt, just beautiful. I've downloaded Edyta's patterns for the mystery quilt but haven't started, already have another quilt in progress. I'm so glad to see your quilt. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is pretty. Wish I had started it when everyone else did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilt you are making! You got a great shot of it too <3
    Enjoy whatever the final surprise is :) Stay safe and well and busy and keep sharing what you are making! I am making masks today.. thought I was done but requests keep filtering in... lol! Kathi

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...