Wednesday 22 April 2020

And that's a wrap...

full view before quilting
Well it is a finished quilt. I have just completed the binding on the Edyta Sitar's 15 day 100 block mystery. I stuck with the same colours she did but went with simple borders. I just needed this one to be done. I was able to find a piece of fabric from my stash for the backing. With a little piecing it was just large enough. I also did a two-coloured binding because I didn't have enough fabric from the top or the backing to use.

finished product





In a quest to find thread to quilt with on this project, I learned something I didn't know. I have a stash of Aurifil thread....what I didn't know is that I have various weights of the thread. I kind of wondered about the different spool colours. So this quilt was quilted with 28 weight on the top and 40 weight in the bobbin. That is a good piece of knowledge I will hang onto for future projects.

Now onto some simple machine piecing of a scrap quilt. This I find more enjoyable than machine quilting. Maybe I should really shake things up a bit and get a hand quilted project set up?!? Quarantine where anything is possible!!

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing how quickly you quilted that lovely quilt, and got the binding on... it looks fabulous! Is that your fastest start to finish project ever?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't think so...I think the one I hand quilted this winter although took a month, it was a whole cloth and hand quilted. Also I enjoyed doing that one more than this blue one!!

      Delete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...