Sunday 22 March 2020

Remember when....

spider web quilt needs quilting
You wished you could sew and only sew for days on end....well as we sometimes say, careful what you wish for. Now I am not saying it is a bad wish, but with all the events of the past week, here we go!We are a lucky part of the population that actually has something that can occupy our time, hands and mind. Turn off the news for a bit, put on some enjoyable music and get sewing!

I have been lining up some projects. Ones that I want to get done (ufo), some that are started and need finishing(BOM and guild projects) and then there are those exciting new projects. Two of those have been started by me this weekend. I wanted to do something new, a project that has been in a plastic bag just waiting its turn.I am going to be a tease here and not show the pattern. What do you think the navy blue has to do with the rest of these partial sewn blocks? I also have a quilt top that needs quilting. I finished this spider web quilt this week.
tease alert!

old pan
Today I had to set aside my work and do something for DH. He has started making sour dough bread for us. He found the best way to bake it was on a stone pan I had. Well it wasn't long and that pan got cracked. So last week our daughter ordered a new one for him. So to keep it safe a request was made for something padded to store it in. I thought that was the least I could do since he makes the bread!
new pan in padded case
After a few measurements, some stash diving for fabric, I got busy. It isn't perfect but it will keep the stone safe while not in use.

Now I did an oops yesterday! Yes I checked in on Kathy's blog and she was telling us about two new projects that we could join in with. One was with Bonnie Hunter and her friend and the other was a mystery with Edyta Sitar. I wasn't crazy about the pattern that Bonnie and her friend were doing but a mystery, I can't resist a mystery. So with amounts of fabric needed in hand, I spent yesterday afternoon shopping....in my stash! I hopefully found enough to do the mystery and that will begin tomorrow for me.
fabrics for new mystery
The mystery is 100 blocks in 15 days. Of course not all different blocks. You will be making a certain quantity each day. The blocks are also 6 1/2" unfinished so not difficult or large.You can check out the start of the mystery on Edyta's blog here!  I will be following along with light blues, dark blues, pinks(even Pooh) and creams as my colours.

I checked in for some slow stitching Sunday visiting with Kathy. Kathy you are being named an enabler, just so you know, showing us all those new projects that we could start!! haha So many quilters, knitters and stitchers coming together to show their work for us to enjoy. Once this blog post is finished, I am headed to my comfy chair for some knitting quiet time!
Stay healthy and be safe in your homes. Remember one day life will return to normal and and we will not have all this time to sew!!



1 comment:

  1. Yes, be careful what you wish for, but us creative types are always wanting to spend a little more time at home enjoying stitching...are we not?? =) Love your Spider Web flimsy. I look forward to see the quilting you decide upon. Such a brilliant idea to bake your own sour dough bread; clever husband you have there. That's the thing with this virtual world, there is always some pretty or other to draw you in, to tease you to make.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...