Sunday 26 April 2020

Slow...machine stitching ahead

Onto trying to finish my second pandemic start! I have finished one quilt last week and I am onto the next step in getting this second top ready for quilting.
Winter Joy by Border Creek Station
After finishing the top, I was teasing my readers with what I would do with it. Hint of some navy fabric and here we are today. I spent yesterday tracing onto steam-a-seam then applying it to my fabric then cutting out all those 84 pieces!! Little did I know that would be the easier part of the job! Putting them in place on the quilt top and getting them just right...well needless to say...a little frustrating till DH helped out a bit. There is always math involved when doing quilts. 60 degree ruler and I was able to line up things better. Now to stitch then in place. I was going to blanket stitch them but have decided that a straight stitch is all that is required or needed.
I haven't yet come up with an idea of how to quilt this one. Maybe some loop da loops with snowflakes...just not sure. All I know is that it will be subtle.

start of 4th of 5 blocks.
This will definitely be some slow stitching so I can join Kathy and others in what they are doing. Later today I will continue with a knitting project I started after Christmas. I am knitting a sampler afghan. Each 10" block will be a different stitch of method. There will be 3 columns of 5 blocks using navy and white with blue flecked yarn. I love how it is looking so far. It will definitely need blocking once I am all finished , hopefully in time for  Fall!!

More masks were made this week too. Have donated my time to make up 55 masks so far. I hope people are using them for the right reason. That they don't think it is suddenly safe to go out because they have a mask to protect them. You wear the mask to protect others from you, when you absolutely have to go out! Personally I am rather enjoying being at home and not having to do groceries every week. Also no reason to houseclean everyday as no one is coming around. It is all in how you chose to look at things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...