Sunday 22 December 2019

Tis the season!!

yummy butter tarts
Gifts purchased and made are wrapped...check! Laundry,house cleaning and baking caught up and done...check! Groceries bought and meals planned...checked! So what is a girl to do now...sew!! Yes I have time to sit down and do Bonnie's mystery clue #4 this evening. I also have two BOM from guild to catch up on. I have been staying caught up on all these projects and don't want to fall behind now. I will  have to do  some catching up next week with all the holiday chaos!

With cleaning up the sewing room I found more tumbler blocks. It is time to be done with them. So this is a top created from the found pieces...it will be for charity once completed in the new year!

Supper is starting to smell yummy so I must cut this short. I will be sewing this evening and some slow stitching with Kathy will happen as well, it will be knitting but that is slow and relaxing at this busy time of year!

I would like to take this chance to wish all my readers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Enjoy your holiday time with family and friends and be safe wherever you are travelling.

6 comments:

  1. Even when we can rest we choose to stay busy sewing. The tumbler quilt is sweet and will please the recipient, whomever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as if you have everything under control at your place. Love the Tumbler quilt, it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tumbler top is just as pretty as the tarts, but much less fattening ;-) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tumblers and the tarts look wonderful. Enjoy your holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tumbler pieces look very small and fiddly but very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 1/2" tall and about 1 1/2 wide not that small and easy to put together.

      Delete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...