Sunday 29 December 2019

Clean up!!

our little family
The Christmas holiday is over and the new year is on the horizon. We returned yesterday from our daughter's where we were for after Christmas.There is a winter storm looming so we left for home a day early just in case. So today I was putting away the gifts we received and straightening up the house. I received a large and very much wanted gift for Christmas...a new sewing machine! After playing with my friend's machine...there was no doubt that I wanted/ needed one of my very own!
So my Santa(daughter and hubby) got me a Juki 2010. Watch those UFO get quilted and disappear in the new year! Her name is Judy and she and I will be spending lots of time together!!
Ms. Judy juki

HIS
HERS

Also from Christmas I gave two quilts to my daughter and her boyfriend. Almost identical quilts but each with their own names on them...keeping the peace!! By the picture, I think they love them and they are just too cute together!! We got in a visit with some good family friends while at our daughter's too. Five hours is just too far away most days.

We are headed out for supper with DH's family tonight. We don't get together that often so these dinners together are nice. I will get to spend time with some great nieces that I haven't seen for a few months. I even have a quilt gift for one. She isn't 1 year old YET....been slacking in the new baby gifting department on that one!

So needless to say there will be no slow stitching today except for the label on the baby quilt. That won't stop me from checking in with my friend Kathy and seeing what everyone is slow stitching on today. It is the last Sunday for this year...enjoy and come back and visit in the new year!!


6 comments:

  1. Oh a new sewing machine, what fun. There are so many pieces it seems in those quilts. You have been very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! on the new Juki. That's what I want if I ever get a new one. Those quilts are wonderful; great Christmas gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet you love your new Juki--are you happy with it? I am pondering getting myself a new machine...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have been a very good girl to get a new sewing machine!!
    So exciting!
    That photo of Kelly and Derek looks like they are sharing one big quilt??
    Maybe a metaphor?!?
    Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy looks lovely! I'm sure you will enjoy lots of hours with her. Beautiful quilts. You have a very lucky daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your going to love her. We will have to plan a sew day for sure now so the kids can meet. Lol. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...