Sunday 17 May 2015

Holiday Weekend

The first holiday weekend of the summer is here and we are finally getting some sunshine and warm weather. It has been rainy the last few days.
Spent yesterday getting backings and battings ready for these quilts so today I could do  some pin basting and maybe get to some quilting in. I figure if I pin both of them...I can choose which one I feel like quilting!! It would be great to get both done to add to my total at guild for projects done this year...but I am thinking too far ahead ...I think! Well only time will tell.
left-right me, Louise, Barb at Pelee Winery
So for slow stitching Sunday with kathy  ...I am hoping it will be binding! Stay tuned to find out how far I got today!!

Usually this is the time of year I go on a road trip with my quilting buddies.We call ourselves the Fabric Piranhas. We added one more piranha last summer. But busy lives and other adventures are keeping us busy. We are hoping to get together this summer for a retreat...hope it happens. So here is cheers to Barb, Louise and Kathy...miss you guys.
Enjoy your weekend with whatever you decide to do!

4 comments:

  1. Miss you too! I will have to brush up on my fabric piranha behaviour... I am out of practice... HA! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt with hearts you shared the link to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you got to your binding today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to be a part of a group of quilty friends. How I long to be a group like that. Hope you managed to get to that binding today.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...