Sunday 24 May 2015

Graduated!!!

I'm legal now
It has been a busy weekend for me. Friday evening, all day Saturday and 6 hours today...I spent in a classroom environment learning about hunting weapons and bullets and then that was followed by a hunter's safety course. Now I realize this has absolutely nothing to do with quilting but I would like to share on my blog all parts of my life and what makes me ....ME!!! It was a learning experience for sure...haven't had to study for awhile and the old brain has a few cramps. I also quickly realized there was only one lady older than myself and I was probably older than the one instructor. Just to add insult to injury (as the old saying goes) some of the "kids"other students, were my daughter's age!!!!YIKES
So I passed with great marks and can now officially hunt and carry a hunting weapon. Just a wee bit scary for me! For any non-hunters....please read on!!

So needless to say not much got done in the sewing room this weekend. I will spend a few hours relaxing sewing up some hexies this evening and joining Kathy with some slow stitching.....unwinding from the weekend. I have to pack up three suitcases of quilts for Wednesday as I am doing a trunk show at my guild. I only hope I can get them all in those suitcases. I have accumulated quite a few over the last few years and this pic isn't all of them.

As a treat for working so hard over the past few days, I am going on a quilting retreat in a couple of weeks. Four days of sewing and friendship with some girls I know and a few I haven't met yet!!! I only have to decide what projects to take with me and I even have to decide what machine to take. I would love to take "Penelope" but I am thinking maybe just my Featherweight.Oh decisions ...decisions!!!Guess it will depend on what I take to work on. I am thinking piecing all the way!!

"Penelope"

6 comments:

  1. Nobody wants to comment on you being able to carry a weapon!! Doesn't surprise me. I too have sat through an NRA class and then to the shooting range so I could go to the range and shoot on any one of them. I love shooting enraged targets and crazy beer cans. Today was hot and the sewing machines got many hours of workout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the positive comment. I was afraid it might not sit well with some people but that is just part of me...I am still a quilter and lover of fabric!!

      Delete
  2. I think you should take all your machines and sew a bit on each one so they don't feel left out!
    Wish I could see your trunk show!
    Just don't take any weapons with you! How scary that you are a certified hunter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to get some pics for my blog!! Or I could repeat it for you in July when you come North!!! ;)

      Delete
  3. I thinks it's fabulous that you have taken a hunter safety course! Anyone that uses any firearm should take this course.
    Have fun with your trunk show! Retreats are the best!!
    Love your machine...I have a machine just like her and I lover her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope maybe you'll have some pictures of your trunk show to share with us? How exciting that you've got a retreat coming up. I hope you'll have some pictures from it, too.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...