Friday 22 May 2015

Where did Spring go??

With temps hovering around 10 degree Celcius and morning temps even cooler...it has a person wondering if we are ever going to see Spring much less Summer. We can only wait and hope and I am sure in a few months we will be complaining about the heat.
Although I have to say this does give me time to do more sewing so I am finishing up a few projects in preparation for a retreat that is happening in a few weeks. Retreats are great for getting piecing done not machine quilting so I am getting that done now, here where I have more room.

I have finished this quilt just in time to show at guild for a lesson on curved piecing. It looked like a fairly simple pattern BUT !!!! Yes that "but"....after doing all the piecing, cutting the curve and sewing things back together into blocks. I sewed the blocks into rows and thought I was doing great! WAIT FOR IT....everything came to a screeching halt! There was fullness I couldn't sew out and places where there just wasn't enough fabric. After reading the instructions several times and getting DH advice, we came to the conclusion there was an error in the cutting directions. I have emailed the magazine and am waiting for an answer. So I took out the offending blocks (there were only 10)and made new ones and sewed the top up with no hassels. Then it was "what do I do with the error blocks"! Well I fixed them best I could and made a second smaller top (it isn't quilted yet). I am sick of those colours now so onward I moved.















I have had these blocks on my design wall and sewed them into a top last week. I showed the top on this post. I have since corrected the errors, sewn a few unsewn seams shut and added borders. It is half machine quilted and I hope to finish the rest this afternoon. I have a busy weekend ahead with no time to quilt(that's another story for next week, stay tuned) so I will be looking forward to Sunday evening and some down time. Have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. If it weren't for all the rain they're getting back home, you wouldn't know it was spring. They had to turn on the furnace several nights. I think we need to stay here another few weeks. Ha! Enjoy your busy weekend.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...