Sunday 3 May 2015

April showers,May flowers!?

almost ready to pop
Isn't that what is suppose to happen? Well this is as close to daffodils as I am today. I am sure with the warm weather and rain we are suppose to get, the daffodils will be showing their sunshiny happy faces soon!! They will match the smiley face of my DH who  after two months of holidays is now officially retired. So we have his and her "ME" days, he putters in the garage and I do crafts!!! lol Apparently he didn't like me saying he was puttering around so he calls my sewing/quilting...crafts!!
 This week has been another productive week of sorts. I got the binding on that dresdan plate quilt. What fabric I had set aside for the binding, I found wasn't going to work. I managed to find enough inner border fabric and that with the original fabric, I created a two coloured binding. I am very happy with the compromise...now to just hand sew the binding to the quilt!














With this quilt almost done I decided to start something new. NEW PROJECT!! Well it is a teaching aid of sorts for a curved piecing class that is being taught at guild in a couple of weeks. It is a lot of straight sewing till the final curved cut and I think the outcome is great and looks way more difficult than it really is! The pattern is called Hills and Valleys from Fons and Porter scrap quilts..Spring 2015.
Now if that isn't enough on my plate of things to do today. I could sit down and put some stitches in this embroidery as I slow stitch along with Kathy today for slow stitching Sunday. I would also like to say "way to go Kathy" on your ribbons you won at your quilt show.
Hope that whatever you are doing today you are taking some time for yourself to enjoy what you love to do!

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'll be thrilled to see your dresden plate quilt finished! I've been thinking about starting one myself but I'm having trouble deciding on fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Deanna! I sure am... it will be all stitching, all day here!
    Congrats to DH on his retirement... very well earned! Hope he doesn't drive you crazy now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too late he already did that years ago!

      Delete
  3. Puttering and crafting - two great pastimes. Enjoy your husbands retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see the two of you have good senses of humour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you each have a hobby to keep you occupied! Hope he enjoys retirement and you enjoy having him home more =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your two-colour binding, I would do this on purpose.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...