Sunday 31 May 2015

Getting away from it all!!!

Yes just 4 more sleeps and I will be headed to quilt retreat with 10 other lucky ladies. Some are the same as the fall retreat but a few are going to be new faces to me. New quilting buddies are always welcome. So that give me just 4 days to get things ready. Suitcase packed and decide what projects I will want to work on. Most undecided  about what machine to take? Really want to take my featherweight but will need my big machine to do a couple of projects I am taking. Guess there is room for two machines as long as I don't forget one at retreat like I did in the Fall!!!
I will have my camera handy but you know what they say...what happens at retreat stays at retreat!!!
One of my first quilts
Well this past week I did a trunk show for one of the guilds I belong to. We had a busy evening of decisions that had to be made but finally it was my turn to show my quilts. I had my sister along as my helper. Here are a few of the quilts that I took along. I packed three suitcases and that was probably only half of the quilts that I have in my house.

Crimpoline handquilted to a flannel back ..yikes
1st Big girl bed quilt for my daughter

catnap from quiltmaker magazine
Polycottons and handquilted
plaids and stripes everywhere

starry logcabin
as close to artsy as I get


                                                                      
woven ribbon logcabin











So today I have been working outside. The weather is cool and there were no bugs till after lunch. I got a lot accomplished. One flowerbed weeded, lilac bush weeded and edged and I transplanted and weeded the raspberry patch. That is a good days work. The lilac shrub isn't doing as well as could be cause a certain little puppy decided this winter that it was a good chew toy. So lots of branches were a bit nibbled on and had to be cut away! Now if I can just keep her out of the garden. So after supper I think I will be sitting down and doing some relaxing slow stitching with Kathy to unwind! Have a great week ahead, I know I am counting the days to the retreat!!!        

weeds are gone and lilacs are coming
they don't look healthy but raspberry and strawberry patch is expanding

4 comments:

  1. Very nice collection of quilts! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see some of your quilts! I'm sure the ladies enjoyed the show.
    Have a blast at retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous quilt show you put on ... for your guild and for us. I can sense your excitement for your upcoming retreat ... I'm feeling some excitement too as I'll be at a guild retreat this weekend. We'll have free sew on Thursday and workshops on Friday and Saturday. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our retreat is almost 4 days of free sewing...there are no classes!! So hoping to get lots done!

      Delete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...