Thursday 1 June 2017

Signed, sealed and delivered!

Evelyn's Mother
Yes "the quilt" has been delivered to its rightful owner. I finished the quilt in early May and had to wait a couple of weeks to deliver it to the owner. She was so excited to see it and loved it once we got it out of the bag and onto her bed. She said she was sure her mother was dancing in heaven seeing the quilt finished. It looked so perfect on her white bed and she was even dressed in pink to match. It was nice to chat with her for a bit and learn more about her.
Evelyn and myself.
So I talked to the owner Evelyn to get the story of the quilt so I could make the label. She was 10 years old when the quilt was made and finished in 1945. Her mother and sister worked on it and Evelyn got to do some of the work on the flowers. The mother's sister crocheted all the trim on the quilt. The quilt was a wedding gift for the sister from her mother. The sister passed away a couple of years ago and Evelyn bought the quilt from her niece. It will be part of Evelyn's family now and will be passed down to her daughter and or grand daughter.
What a special story and quilt and I am so happy to be a small part of that story. For more pics from other posts, you can see them
 here and here.

Now that that is done, I can play catch up in my sewing room. Many challenges to get completed for June meetings. I have 4 to do and they are all done except one that still needs quilting. That is what is on the agenda for today.

1 comment:

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...