Friday 30 June 2017

Breathing Space

swoon blocks
I have had a couple of days to take it easy and recoup! I had my friend Susan here for two days. We visited and attended our guild meeting. She lives about 1.5 hours away but enjoyed visiting this guild and decided to join for this year. Guess she will be there next year too as she has signed on with two others and myself to do the program for next year.
DH was away overnight, so yesterday was a day of sewing and figuring out what I wanted to work on next. These swoon blocks we worked on awhile ago, so I dug them out to see how much further I could get with them. I am working with a pack of 10 fat quarters and some background yardage. I think I can get 9 large blocks, which should be enough for a lap quilt.

July 1st Wallhanging
I can finally show my red and white challenge piece. It turned out pretty nice even though it didn't win any of the challenges.I did the paper pieced curved flying geese and it wasn't so hard...there will be more of those in the future.

We have been having lots of rain and I am sure others have. It is a good excuse to stay indoors and sew.
Today is knitting with the girls and getting ready for the weekend. A BBQ for my DH band who are playing in two locations for Canada's 150th birthday weekend and more sewing for me. Enjoy your weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. I really liked your red and white challenge and I was wondering how you did the curved flying geese -- lovely and the swoon blocks are great

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are paper pieced and then placed under the border and reverse appliqued to the quilt top. Putting that first cut in the fabric was scary.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...