Sunday 4 June 2017

Lost in my stash

That is how I am feeling...so much stash and I just don't know which project to work on! This always happens to me after finishing a big project.How about anyone else? Do you find yourself wandering around your sewing room, cleaning and moving things about, thinking you might find something that will peak your interest. Let me assure you, it is not from lack of UFOs
or projects set aside to start.
Oh well it will happen I am sure.

Me(left) and Evelyn
I did finish "that quilt" and you can read about the delivery of it here. Evelyn was so happy with what I had done and was happy to have her quilt back! Her appreciation of my work made all those days of quilting worthwhile!

It is June and for most of us guild meetings are coming to an end for the summer which means banquets and potluck dinners. It also means challenges are due!I have four due. An ugly fabric challenge, orphan block challenge, and 150 Canada challenge. I only had to make 3 as I will be using the 150 Canada piece at two different guilds! That is also the one that I still have to finish, the other two are done! I will show pics of them later as I don't want to spoil the surprise.

turning into a poppy flowerbed
I am also busy knitting. My best friend became a first time grandma and I was so sure it was going to be a boy. So now I am knitting a little girl's sweater!!! I have two weeks before I head to grandma's house for a visit and be able to see the baby. We are also heading to the  CQA show that weekend. One van, six or seven ladies and a road trip! There is sure to be talking, giggling and shopping! CQA is the Canadian Quilter's Association show in Toronto. A juried show of quilts from across Canada with vendors too.
couple of sad but happy flowers in my garden
Today I get to sew and maybe finish my challenge because it is rainy here. Yesterday was my sewing day but the weather was nice  and the bugs were few...couldn't pass that up!!! So more of the garden was put in and some flower seeds planted. These are the flowers that are blooming in my garden now. Also the lilacs are in full bloom in the neighbourhood..you can smell them!


Also today I am playing pioneer of sorts. We have a new addition to our gazebo...a wood cook stove. DH has been baking suppers in the oven. It has made amazing chicken pot pies, baked potatoes and corn in husks. Tonight I am making roast chicken.

I am also checking in with my friend Kathy and her slow stitching Sunday and seeing what everyone is up to. She will get to see our stove first hand later this summer. Maybe DH will even cook for us as we sew the weekend away for our annual Piranha Retreat!

Hope you all have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. So many challenge projects to work on. Sounds like you will be busy. What fun to cook in a wood stove. Sounds like a delicious new hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have a lot of projects in the works. I wish the local guilds would meet in the summer. I am a teacher and I can't really get to the meetings during the school year. I joined one guild years ago and could never make a meeting. Summer came and there weren't any. I haven't joined another guild since. The wood stove is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a bunch of stuff on your plate..all good things. Enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...