Sunday 28 August 2022

Fair and Piranha Weekend

 So much fun to pack into one weekend, I am so happy and enjoying every second of it. Friday morning I gathered all my entries and took them to the arena to be judged for the local Fall Fair. Then I would have to wait till Saturday to see how well I did with the judges.  

Next the Piranhas started to arrive, supper and we settled into sewing without skipping a beat. Hours of chatting and catching up and a bit of sewing. Our weekend production cannot be measured by what we actually got finished that will be for sure. I have finished one project...it was a postcard but size doesn't count. It will go in the mail later today! Next up for me to sew is a baby quilt . I have to do a practice block first and then will finish the rest of the cutting.

My fellow piranhas, Kathy is making thousands of hst for the Oh say can you sew  mystery quilt, Louise is machine quilting a table runner and Barbie is outside as I write this doing some rust dyeing with all the metal things in my yard! Later this afternoon we will go out to my gazebo for some

slow stitching Sunday with Kathy "beverages"  might be consumed.

This is our last evening together and tomorrow the gang heads home until we meet again! I will have more posts  later this week!

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have stitching friends staying for a few days. Full of giggles, laughter, good food too, I imagine, and a little work done too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enough food for almost a whole week!! and it was so much fun!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like that is just what the Dr. ordered for you!😄

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...