Monday 26 June 2017

Slowing life down a bit....

A lot has happened in the last week and a bit. My holiday with the girls was great and very busy. We were in the van almost every day.
my basket with ALL my purchases
I arrived on Thursday and got to join in on their Thursday night sewing group. I know Judy was feeling bad because she was working on the same thing as the last time I was there (a year ago) but I made her feel better as I was working on the same hexie project too!!
Friday we  gathered everyone and six of us headed to Toronto for the Canadian Quilt Association juried show with vendors. We spent the morning looking at quilts and the afternoon was for shopping and visiting with the vendors. I was pretty well behaved with my big purchase being this basket.
Saturday we headed to two local quilt stores, one that was having an anniversary sale(that is when all that good behavior went out the window).40% off makes a quilters see future projects even if there isn't enough time to do them!!
Sunday was baby shower day. I got to finally see and hold baby Lauren (my friend's first grandbaby).
Then before I knew it, it was Monday and time for me to head home but not before one more stop to buy flooring for my kitchen.

Before
after
While I was away and not in the vicinity of my DH, he did more work on my kitchen. It started three years ago as my 50th birthday present. Then life happened and things were put on hold.Now we are almost done. Yes I came home, didn't even unpack and was painting the same night, flooring the next day and then the rest of the week was cleaning and putting things back together. We have just a bit of trim work to do and the counter top. It looks clean and new and I am getting use to it.
more binding required

We finished this past week off with a wedding. My cousin's daughter was married and it was a happy and a bit teary day. The bride's mom passed away six months ago. Her presence was very much felt and missed that day but they honored her very nicely without the day being sad. It was nice to visit with old friends, our family members and just catch up with each other. My face hurt from smiling and laughing!!

charity quilt needs binding
So needless to say not much quilting was done this past week. So today is for catch up. I have some blocks that need making for Wednesday's guild meeting, a presentation on sashing and borders and some binding for a couple of charity quilts that my friend  has quilted for me.


I checked in with my buddy Kathy a little late but it is always fun to see what everyone is up to!! Missed you Kathy at CQA and belated Happy Birthday too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...