Wednesday 7 June 2017

Knitting day!

The sun is shining and finally I get to open the window of the house and air it out. We have been having cooler than normal days with lots of rain. It is so nice to be able to hear the birds and the creek while I go about my day.
I have cleaned the house and am ready for visitors. The girls are here for our knitting afternoon today.Always a fun time of catching up (some of us haven't seen each other for a day or two!!)haha

I have take the last couple of days to just play in my sewing room. Really playing. I pulled out a small box of scraps and just created. Now with them being small scraps of course all I did make was small quilts. The smallest ones are 1: finished squares. I make small quilts to go with small stuffed animals that are given to a group in my area. It is a victim help group. They attend scenes of accidents, domestic disputes and other such things. If there are children involved the stuffed animals can be a way of keeping them occupied while police and medical persons do their jobs. Such a little thing that can be so helpful.

In between sewing I have been experimenting with the wood cook stove we have outside in our gazebo. Once the fire is on and the stove is warm...oh the delicious things you can cook. I baked chicken with veggies(what was left in bowl), stewed rhubarb on the top and baked a rhubarb dessert for the girls today!There really is a different taste cooking this way. I think I may have been a pioneer in another life!! Tonight we are trying a pork roast and one day homemade bread maybe!!

Enjoy your Wednesday...hump day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...