Sunday 21 May 2017

Gardening Season is here

raspberry patch
Yes it has arrived along with the black flies and mosquitoes! I took advantage of the beautiful weather this week to get my gardens ready, weeded and some plants transplanted. This has meant that nothing was getting done in the sewing room. The closest I got to sewing or stitching was a few hexies at guild on Tuesday and some knitting each evening to relax with.
Today it is cool and light rain and I might go out and put in some seeds to get things going.Nothing that is going to freeze though as we had -2 Celsius and some small snowflakes yesterday.
bigger garden
flowers are still blooming
Yesterday was a full gardening day...cleaned out raspberry patch and made a bigger one. Then moved closer to the house and weeded flowerbeds. But the biggest job of increasing my main garden(hubby has his own at another lot we have). There use to be a garage there which was moved and we took out the cement floor last fall so it could settle over the winter. But the most exciting part was I finally got my own greenhouse/potting shed. It is a little rough looking but does the job nicely.
my potting shed




Sorry for the non quilting related post but this is the life of a quilter too!
I am hoping for some slow stitching time but it will be later tonight. For now I am heading back outside in rubber boots and a warm coat. Check in with Kathy and follow along as I do with everyone else who is slow stitching!

4 comments:

  1. Your daffodils and tulips are lovely, love your greenhouse/potting shed too. The raspberry patch is coming along nice. This week I put off stitching a bit to get some much needed time in the garden and other chores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of creativity is going on here!
    But make sure you also get time for relaxing stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have spent much of our time gardening this weekend too. I did some stitching in the car today on our way to and from my mil's house. I am hoping for some sewing time tomorrow after more gardening Your garden looks nice !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to have some time for enjoying outdoor activities. Have fun gardening.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...