Wednesday 30 December 2020

Reminiscing

Isn't that what December is for, well the last few days anyways as we await the New Year!!Over at Meadow Mist Designs they are encouraging bloggers to look back over the past year and sum up their blogs. Things learned, quilts finished and anything else quilty!
So I am attempting to chime in with my own view from my studio. This is the year we finally got to redoing where I sew. It was a living room(we also have a family room). I would hand quilt on the large frame in this room and use it in the Spring when the basement(where my sewing room was) was too cold. One year I just never moved back to the basement and am loving being on the main floor where I can see outside. I have laminate flooring now so no lost pins and office chairs move way more smoothly, sometimes too fast!!You can visit my studio pics here.
With the COVID hitting in March...I was thankful for my hobbies. They kept me busy and many items got started and completed.
keeping for me
whole cloth quilt I gave away
I finished my Frolic mystery in early January and also joined in a quilt along with Edyta Sitar. That one got finished and quilted straight away. Carla over at Quilting by the River is just finishing up a quilt along. I was one of  her pattern proofer so I got a bit of a start on the quilt. I did mine half sized. So instead of 9" blocks, mine are 4.5" blocks. That one is ready to be sandwiched!
In the mess that we call lockdown, social distancing, or just staying home and staying safe, I was able to finish hand quilting two quilts. One I gave away and one that I am keeping for myself.
class I was to teach
Eydta mystery quilt



quilt for Kathy


6"wonky stars
6" log cabin

I have also been doing lots of scrap quilts. A mini log cabin was completed from the scraps that made these wonky stars. Seems there is a never-ending supply of scraps.
Time at home meant I had time to clean, purge and just simply find out what I have. Many UFOs were found and this particular one I have had for probably more than 12 years. You can read the full story here. I still have the quilt till I get to see my friend Kathy.

So to sum it up, I made 12 quilts, 2 bags and one duvet cover. Gave away 6 quilts, kept one and one quilt and one duvet to be delivered. I also started 4 quilts that aren't finished as yet. WOW this even surprised me!! I am hoping that this year will be just as productive...with being in lockdown right now for two weeks...it is a start!!My hope is to get more of the UFOs in the basement finished. Some of them have been waiting for over 12 years so it seems this is a good year to clean them out!! Good luck with all you have in mind to get started, quilted and or finished!

10 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely finishes this year for you!;)) Congratulations!
    I love that little log cabin...so charming...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love little 6" scrappy blocks, lots of fun to do!

      Delete
  2. Deanna, I need some of your mojo! Congratulation on all the lovely quilts completed - they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went a little crazy last Spring...but it slowed down in the summer and the Fall I was doing lots of knitting for Christmas. Now it is time to go again!!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful finishes. Thanks for linking up and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for giving us a place to link to...it was fun and an eye opener for me!! Happy New Year to you also!

      Delete
  4. Lots of lovely finishes there. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful lot of finishes & great that you achieved so much in 2020. Hopeful New Year & to lots more quilting. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a productive 2020 and best wished for a successful 2021!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m so impressed with your productivity and lovely finishes. And hand quilting to boot!!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...