Sunday 23 February 2020

I'm sooo excited!!

quilt needs to be added to the wall
sewing area  with some storage
Why you ask am I so excited? Well if you read my last post(you can see it here) renovations got underway. Today the biggest part of the work is done, with just a few extras that need to be added(light fixture and curtain rod). I also want to hang a quilt on the bare wall above the ironing board. The room is very bright and airy so much so that you almost need sunglasses on the sunny days. It looks very sterile and white but is actually an off white colour with white trim. After much thinking and pondering, I figured a way to layout the furniture so I could make good use of the space and also bring upstairs my large ironing surface. My large cutting table will double as a flat area when I am machine quilting. Feeling very excited to get to work in my new space. So what is the first project...that pile on the table is a whole cloth quilt that I have had for a few years. It is time for it to be finished. I will be slow stitching with Kathy on that today...all day....as I watch curling on you tube.

our view from the sewing area of The Loft
l-r Bernadette, Trudy and me great supper
My other news is I was away with two friends last weekend. Hey Kathy we were retreating on the same weekend...great minds!! |My friend Carla of Quilting by the River has a loft that she rents out. It is a quiet, tranquil place to relax for a weekend and get some sewing/quilting projects done. No television or internet but there is cell service if you need it.I decided to take only hand work. So I had two smaller quilts to finish the binding on and then there was the whole cloth quilt. I knew I would never finish it but took my hexies and some knitting just in case I got bored. I went with my friends Bernadette and Trudy and Bernadette was our cook all weekend and everything was delicious!! We were the first "Lofters" as Carla's hubby named the users of the space.We will definitely being going back...soon!!

Well I must hurry hurry!!!(curling lingo) as the rocks are calling!! Have a great week!




6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I want to be a "lofter"!
    Your space looks fabulous! Perfect for all your quilting needs... love the big ironing board!
    Enjoy your slow stitching and curling today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we can figure out a date, we can be lofters too!!

      Delete
  2. Very exciting to have your new, bright space! Looks like you are wasting no time breaking it in. And that loft looks amazing! Nothing like quilting with a few gal pals, is there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new sewing studio is wonderful It's good to go neutral and I love your large pressing area!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new to you space is going to be great, all that light you will love it. Loft space, a great get away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That loft sounds like the perfect place to get away from it all and enjoy hand stitching and the company of friends. How exciting, a new room in which to create. I love how bright this room is.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...