Sunday 27 December 2020

Quiet Christmas


 The big day has come and gone! But at my house Christmas is going to last a bit longer. My daughter was coming home on boxing day but because of the provincial lockdown it wasn't going to work. So we will get together in January or February. I told her I would leave the tree up even if I had to decorate it for Ground hog's day or Valentine's Day!! So my hubby and I will have a second Christmas then!!

As life gets back to our usual routine....yesterday I decided to tidy up my sewing studio. It was long overdue!! I still had things hanging around from guild(which has not happened since last March). I figured it would be good to clean up and see just what I have in UFOs or other things that needed tending to.

I found 2 quilts that are in parts or just blocks from guild classes, a snowflake quilt that needs to be sandwiched and quilted, small  nine patches that I have been sewing as leaders and enders and while putting things in their rightful places, I came across this small wall hanging that just needs sandwiching and finishing. I know I didn't make this wall hanging, I think I rescued it from the charity table at guild. It came with 4 pieces of binding...I just might need those two smaller pieces to finish the binding!

wall hanging to finish
Sooo...I have no reason to say I have nothing to do, I just don't know where to start!! I think I will start small and go from there. A couple friends and I are starting a nine patch/log cabin quilt. One of  the friends(Pearl) wanted a leader and ender project. I found one for her! Another friend (Mallory)has already started with the nine patches. I think we have even coerced a couple other quilters into joining us!!

It is slow stitching Sunday! Wonder what Kathy is up to? With needle and thread or maybe knitting needles I will check in and see what everyone has been up to. For those reading in Ontario...enjoy your lockdown, find something fun to do!! Everyone else hope you are safe and healthy! 

7 comments:

  1. Lockdown in Ontario makes me ever so grateful for my wonderful stash! We always have something to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have some lovely projects to work on as you wait through the lockdown.

    Stay safe in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly I have never been so thankful for my hand stitching hobby/obsession and my stash! I haven't purchased any fabric since covid and have finished several quilts. My life really won't change much since I am very cautious/anxious due to taking care of my parents, and have been able to work from home since March. I really do miss my quilty adventures though and look forward to seeing you some day in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project to work on. I always have something to do. I also straightened up my sewing room a bit this week, but it needs a lot more work. I need to go through the pile of half-finished projects and get going on them again. Happy stitching, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also so thankful for my stash on hand and my stitcheries to be started these days of self isolating...They have kept me pretty calm during this super stressful time...I need to straighten my room and decide what UFO to tackle next... hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m truly looking forward to January this year. I have quilting projects to finish as well as new ones to start. I have started knitting again! Now I’m afraid I have to much to do and to little time. Life is such a roller coaster! Can’t wait to have a visit, so may have to set up a knitting zoom with you and the gang. Happy new year- I may need new pants my old ones are getting tight. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness those snowmen are soo cute. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...