Sunday 26 January 2020

Been "Frolic"king!!!

one star's missing a couple points
Frolicking is to play or move energetically,cheerfully and excitedly. I have been sewing three days now on this Frolic mystery and I am running out of energy, excited to be finished and cheerfully looking forward to putting the binding on this one and the top is quite done yet,just 3 borders left to do. I am determined to get it done before this Wednesday so I can sew on something different at my sewing/quilting group!This pic was from yesterday, good thing I noticed my mistake before I went any further. This pic is for my friend Pearl....see I make crazy mistakes too!!Today I finished the sewing to the border point. I have a couple days till Wednesday.
Our little oak tree
With January almost over, my friend Carla at Quilting by the River reminded me to pick a word for the year. After pondering it and a suggestion or two from Natalie and Bernadette, I have decided "flourish"is my word. It has flair, movement, I can see the stash moving into quilts and finished quilts flying out the door to new owners!! It also has a personal meaning for me. To flourish, to grow in a healthy way, to developing in a successful way. All the things I hope for in the coming year!
We have had more snow and rain over the weekend. I took a walk today in the winter wonderland and took pics for everyone to see(since winter pics from my last post were appreciated).

Today I have also checked in with Kathy and what everyone might be working on. I really want the borders on my mystery so slow stitching will be this evening in front of the TV. Enjoy whatever frolicking or flourishing you get
to do!!!

2 comments:

  1. Frolicking and flourishing are great verbs...hope you get up to lots of both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowy landscapes are so beautiful! I love a good winter whiteout! Your Frolic is very pretty -- I love your color choices! :)

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...