Sunday 5 January 2020

Sunday Sewing

So I have been doing the Bonnie Hunter mystery and this week  the clue was sew together a gazillion hst. So I thought to myself, let's use them as leaders and enders for some other sewing. So yesterday I spent the afternoon finding something to sew. No kidding it took the whole afternoon Not to find one but to figure where I was on it and what was next. I took out a project that I have been working on at retreat in October. I thought I was closer to being finished and then realized I had to lay out the block pieces and arrange them as other pieces had to be added afterwards, depending on where certain colours were in the blocks. After supper I got to sew a couple blocks together. So today I got back to it, sewing up the blocks. I am slowly getting them together and sewing up hst from the mystery at the same time. I always feel like I am accomplishing more that way. These patches and pieces are on a purplely/grey sheet which dulls their colour. This is going to be a very bright quilt. A finished block is in the upper right of the photo with a pinwheel in it.It is a simple block but see how each block flows into the next one. That is why the finishing of this quilt stalled where it did!


I peeked in on Kathy and slow stitching Sunday. Sad to read that she is not feeling well but happily she received my Christmas package and the new knitted socks are making her feel better. I spent some time this afternoon looking at what others are working on which meant a slow start to my sewing...oh dang!!! It is always interesting to see what other are up to. Thank you to Kathy for bringing us altogether each Sunday.

Hope you all have a great week, I know I will cause it is my birthday tomorrow!! I have taken a page from my daughter's book and am celebrating a birthday month...can't hold such a special day to one day!!!

5 comments:

  1. Well Happy Birthday. A birthday month sound just what is needed in January. I see lots of corner beam and v-blocks in you photo. Can’t wait to see the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy Birthday!!
    I'm sure you will be treated as a queen on your birthday and you can sew all day!
    That's a complex design layout you're working on there... so fun!
    Great idea to use the HSTs for leader-ender blocks!
    LOVE that header photo LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you! Loving those blocks. Love too, the socks you gifted Kathy. Enjoy a fabulous birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday ��!!! this is my birthday month, too (but not till the last day) - and i celebrate all month cuz when i don't, every one has already moved on to Valentine's Day by the time the 31st rolls around...

    that is gonna be an awesome quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...