Tuesday 28 January 2020

Done at Last

Frolic mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter
The Frolic mystery is done!!! WOOHOO!! I even added a small white border on the outside although you can't see it on the snow. Fresh snow is clean and the best backdrop for picture taking. It is a completed top now but I think it will go into time out for a little while. I was a bit consumed with getting this one completed and so now onto other things.
Other things could be figuring out what to do with the leftover pieces. But do I really want to continue to play with these colours when there are so many other colours and projects I could be working on!

This is the next thing on my to do list. I have all the blocks made already and just have the applique to do. So I will start with the center, sew up the quilt and then add the outside border of applique later. I think this is what I will be working on tomorrow at our sewing day with friends. The quilt is only 73 x 86 so I might consider making more blocks and surrounding the outside applique with a row or two of blocks. Just a thought and I am no where near that yet!!

Happy sewing Tuesday!!

2 comments:

  1. Your frolic turned out beautiful, I feel it has been very time consuming as I also wanted to get it finished before moving on.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...