Sunday 19 January 2020

Let it snow....

newest bag &inside pic below
As predicted the snow storm came yesterday and stayed all day and into the evening. That meant I could sew as much and for as long as I wanted. I had no plans to do anything or go anywhere in that weather!!

I was going to start by working on Frolic mystery, but decided if I started there that would be all I would do all day. So instead I finished machine quilting a quilt of valor quilt that was made by someone else. I am using my new machine and giving it its first workout(well on a quilt). I even got the binding on it. That is where the progress ended yesterday on that project. It will be ready for some slow stitching time later today.
quilt of valor
I was already sewing with the machine earlier this week, when I took the small flimsy from my last post and made it into a bag this week. I watched Bonnie Hunter put binding on a pillow and decided why not try it on a bag. It is a little tricky but it worked and looks great too. I even used up some orphaned binding that I had laying in my sewing room. It was the perfect colour.

front yard,deck is 2 feet off the ground
                                                                                                          Yesterday turned out to be a very productive day working in the sewing room. After supper last night I was playing catch up,working on the Frolic mystery. I am on the last clue as the reveal was on Friday, but there is still lots of sewing to do before this is a finished top. So after the job of snow removal is done today, I will start back at this and see how far I get. I have to save some afternoon time for slow stitching with Kathy. We were having the same snow storm as she did although I think we got a little more snow(8-10 inches) and it was blowing quite hard.I love the snow and watching it fall.Today the sun is shining and I think it looks so pretty!! Winter wonderland!!
tried to get birds but they flew away















pattern is dancing nine patch by Bonnie Hunter

 This little fellow and the quilt he is on were gifted yesterday to a volunteer firewoman(should be a word)who is on the same crew as my DH. It will be perfect for her little fellow!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt. I still need to start putting my Frolic together too, but I need to quilt a few quilts first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with your lovely bag. Both the pattern and fabrics are beautiful. What a sweet little bear, as is the quilt he is resting on. It must be a splendid thing to view your winter wonderland as you sit and stitch. Those vignettes of snowy white look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I think my comment just disappeared...heaven only knows what I did?!
    Anyway, I enjoyed seeing your photos of the snow... glad I don't have to shovel it!
    Enjoy your hand binding today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you got a lot of snow, didn't you?! Wish we'd get a little! Sweet quilt for your hubby's coworker's son! :)

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...