Monday 4 July 2016

Post Quilt Finish Wanderings/Wonderings

"Tall groom short bride making tracks"-wedding quilt
How many times does that happen to you? You finish a big project and then WHAT? What do you do next. It isn't for lack of projects that is for sure. I have a few waiting in the wings but I wanted to share my latest finish with you. I was at the wedding this weekend and the quilt was delivered and appreciated by the groom and bride.
In the next few months I have a lot of sleeves to put on quilts so they can go into our show in September. I have another wedding quilt to make and a birthday quilt to machine quilt. After all that I can concentrate on some fun projects that I would like to do.
daughter's birthday quilt-she knows it is coming!
needs quilting

In a couple of weeks some friends and myself are getting together for a small retreat. Fellow blogger Kathy, my friend Louise and her sister Barb will converge on Louise's house for a few days of sewing, chatting and some glass tipping in the hopes of getting something done!

Now with all this going on, I also have to help plan the program for one of the guilds I am a member of. Never a dull or idle moment. Hope whatever you are doing this week, some quilting or sewing will be involved and that you get a chance to enjoy the sunny weather!

3 comments:

  1. Your quilt is great - I luv it -- I am sure the bride and groom were ecstatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we will get lots of stitching done... right?!?!?!
    Will there be any bribery going on this year to help with accomplishing goals?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope so!! Looking forward to seeing ya!!

      Delete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...