Wednesday 27 July 2016

MoreTidbits from down south

Tank our quiet observer
More from our Fabric Piranha retreat.This is the last of my few photos.I was a bit lax on my photo taking. I didn't even get one of our set up in the basement of my friend's house. I did get a few shots though. Meet Tank, he watched over us most of the weekend. He also made the perfect backdrop for some bear paw blocks.Even though he was a mount he and his buddy"Big Fella" in the other corner still gave me that queasy feeling in my belly!



4x8' walls of thread
During my trip away, I managed to visit 18 stores. They start to look all the same but different, if you know what I mean. BUT this one particular store in Ingersol, Ontario was a gem. It was a quilting/craft store. I started out as a cross
more thread

stitcher and if I had had this store I might never moved into quilting. I have never seen so much thread, pearl cotton and beads in one room. In another room there were patterns, kits and Aida cloth. In another room there was yarn,wool,patterns and needles and lastly there was quilting fabric and some notions. What a great little store!




While you are road tripping all over southern Ontario, you just never know what you will see. I especially just loved the golden fields at this time of year. We even saw a field that was varying shades of blue/green(cabbage, cauliflower or broccoli). But the cutest was these two cars on the side of the road. If you are familiar with the movie "Cars" you will no doubt recognize these two!
The sheriff and Mater.
Now I am home and things have settled down, it is time for me to get sewing again. I have a quilt that needs to be finished soon. Got to love deadlines, they keep you on your toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...