Monday 25 July 2016

My best creation



Many quilts have been made but by far the best creation I have ever made.....my daughter!!! She was born 25 years ago today. So I am writing about her today in honor of her birthday and because she said I should post about her birthday quilt and the quilting I did on it. So here you go kiddo!!!

college quilt
Although sometimes she doesn't understand my whole quilting addiction, she does benefit from it. During her 3 year college career, I made her a quilt for each year and upon graduation she got a large hand quilted one. So to mark this significant birthday, her champagne birthday(25 years old on the 25th) she received another quilt.

She was able to choose the fabric and I picked out the pattern. But what made this quilt special is that it is quilted with the lyrics from her favorite song. I quilted the quilt from the back with basting to mark the perimeters that I had to stay within. After that chalk lines were made for each line of the song and off I went free motion quilting the words. All the words were done with no pencilling in, just free handing it. Got it all done in a day, about 8 hours. It was the easiest free motion quilting I have ever done.
The finished product completed and delivered with lots of hugs. So knowing she reads my blog, I would like to wish Kelly a very happy birthday and hope you are having a wonderful day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Kelly - nice quilt - good looking daughter - hope she had an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing quilt with extraordinary quilting... for an extraordinary woman! You did a great job on the quilt... and on raising your daughter!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...