Sunday 26 June 2016

Good Morning Quilt World!

love seeing green popping up in the ground
After what seems like weeks, I can finally get back to my quilting room. I haven't totally been out of the quilting loop but I wasn't doing as much as I would have like to have been doing!
The garden is all planted and the flowerbeds are starting to fill in nicely. We just need some gentle rain and all would be good in that area.
Next weekend will be the official start of summer for me. Travelling, weddings, and get togethers with good friends.I did get to do a bit of travelling a week or so ago. I went south to a friend's house and we picked up a few hitchhikers Barb, Gail, Pauline and we headed to CQA (Canadian Quilters Association)show in Toronto. Much to my surprise while at the show, I also got to see our other friend  Kathy(I am her blog stalker in case you didn't know)from slow Sunday stitching with Kathy. Now as a good stalker I should have known she would be there but she kept saying no she wouldn't be!!The show was great and that is all I will say as I did a post on it earlier and you can go see it here.Let me know what you think!
Not bad machine quilting, I think!
Today I will be chained to my sewing machine doing some machine quilting. I have 27 blocks to complete quilting and a binding to make and to add on. If the quilting fairies are with me, I will be slow stitching that binding down tonight or this afternoon, I am more hoping! Here is a peek at the block, it is a  gift so full shots won't be till next week.
It is Kathy's slow stitching anniversary. Four years of bringing all of us together on Sunday for some relaxation and slow stitching. Thank you Kathy for giving us this venue to show off our talents and reminding us to slow down in this busy world, to stop and smell the flowers!! Have a great week everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Your summer is off to a great start with the quilt show with friends, your garden, and some quilting. Nothing could be better in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that your lovely garden is in I am sure you will have more time for stitching and quilting too. Looks like your summer is starting off great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also saw Kathy at Quilt Canada. Next time I meet her I hope to have a chance to sit and have a cup of tea (or a glass of wine) with her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah thanks friend! Your garden looks awesome!
    Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that the garden is set, I hope you find more stitching time. Of course that means you have to avoid weeding. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my plan for wedding is a little pail each day and then it is not such an overwhelming job!

      Delete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...