Wednesday 31 December 2014

Happy New Year!!

Out with the old and in with the new! That could apply to years and quilting projects!
Some of us make a list of the projects we hope to get finished in a year....and that can be successful but what about a  new thought. What if someone else would want your project? Let's face it...I feel like my quilts are like my babies! I have them(buy the fabric) raise them(cut and sew the pieces)prepare them for life(make the top and quilt it). Then it is time to send them out into the world(giving them away as a gift or whatever other  reason). So for me giving away an unfinished quilt isn't an option but how I would love to finish all those tops in my sewing room.

fall coloured desdan plate, beige with pink backing whole cloth,
scrappy with navy background mystery quilt.
top left-right
blocks ready need one more fabric, log cabin star,
pastel sampler, redwork I am doing in blue
So...for this new year, I am continuing with the decluttering of my life.Letting go of these projects. I would love to hand quilt them all but that is not realistic so I will be finishing them however I can. This is a pic of the ones I have to finish...I am hoping by posting this it will help me to forge ahead and get them finished. You will be seeing lots of pics of these in the future....fingers crossed!! Now with all these to finish...these don't include the new projects that might come along or those programs at guild...yikes!!! FOCUS FOCUS  no squirreling allowed!!! This is my mission this year. Stay tuned and see how well I do!!
These are seven projects I would like to see done. Plus two quilts from Bonnie Hunter. A string one that is in too many pieces to find and her latest mystery.
Wishing you all a Happy New Year and a new beginning to a promising year ahead!!

Deanna

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your 7 projects! No squirreling allowed (I am SUCH a Dug! ha!). Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! Glad someone else knows about "squirrel"!

      Delete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...