Thursday 3 August 2017

Spring Cleaning in August!

Oh my...what a mess!
That just doesn't sound right ...does it? But I got up today and because it was cool thought it was a good day to head to the basement and clean out my "other" sewing room!
Originally when we moved into this house, I set up my sewing room in the basement. But over the last few years it just gets too cold down there during the spring and summer months to do anything. So I moved upstairs into a living room that we don't really use. Most of my stuff is still in the basement. Now we have also had a couple of issues with water coming in...so when you take all that into consideration...it was time for a clean out!!!

shelves under both windows...gone
I had shelves all along two walls and wanted them gone. I had to move everything off the shelves and temporarily put it everywhere in the basement.  The shelves were removed along with my cutting table. Two newly acquired tables were added as  cutting tables(they are the reason for the clean up, I needed a place to put them).
Next will be removing the water damaged drywall and replacing it. After that I will have to go shopping and find something for a sub floor and two free standing shelving units. Once they are in place, I can start the large task of putting everything back in place. There might even be some purging happening!!!
still messy but looking a bit better
I remembered to take some before shots. It is quite the mess. It seems to have become a dumping spot for everything with nothing having a home or being organized.
I have figured out so far that 1. I don't need any more fat 1/4s   2. I have more sock yarn than any one person could use 3.even if I started all the projects I have set aside, I would never get to them all and that isn't even taking into consideration my stash!!

Oh dear I am in so much trouble here. So many projects, fabric boxes and UFO. I am not sure where to start first. Oh well it is fun getting reacquainted with everything down there.

Come back and visit and see how I am making out. I will keep posting as the makeover goes along. I am hoping it won't take too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...