Sunday 27 August 2017

Fabric Piranha Retreat has begun!

sewing room ready
We are well into our annual Fabric Piranha weekend.....minus one! My two friends Barb and Louise arrived yesterday. Our fourth member, Kathy, took an unfortunate spill two weeks ago and isn't able to join us this year. We really miss her but we will sew on!!!
new mascot
We mostly got set up and caught up last evening and this morning...well we went to a couple of yard sales and a farmers market! One even had fabric so we were sort of sewing and I got a newer iron for $3.!!! We have gotten some sewing in today but took another break in the afternoon to go to the local fall fair.  My DH was playing some tunes with his band and I had to pick up my entries I put in the fair. Due to some errors on my part, none of my pickles were judged as I didn't label the jars.....ouch!! But my quilts and sewing projects never let me down!!

green background-that wasn't planned
I am working on blocks for a sampler quilt.I had fabric all picked out but at the last minute changes were made and influences were made. I am jumping in and going to see how it looks when it is all over!Stay tuned there will be more to come.

Miss you Kathy and hope you are relaxing and recuperating!!


3 comments:

  1. Ahhh thanks my friend! SO sad to miss the fun this year.
    Looks like another memorable retreat! Love the neutral lime green in your sampler blocks... I can guess who influenced that choice!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it! Already named the quilt"under the influence"!!!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh thanks my friend! SO sad to miss the fun this year.
    Looks like another memorable retreat! Love the neutral lime green in your sampler blocks... I can guess who influenced that choice!!!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...