Tuesday 26 November 2013

Never Enough!!

needs binding yet
Another UFO almost done! I was in a mood yesterday and could've had it finished except for....WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE NO BLACK!!!
That's right, it seems that with all the black and shades of black that are in this quilt, there was nothing leftover. After much searching in my sewing room, there was nothing that I could use...hmmm quilt store here I come.


pile of scraps
So setting this quilt aside for now, I wondered what I was going to do today! I wanted to do some piecing. This pile of scraps was just sitting there talking to me...saying  "pick us, pick us!!!" So I did. Now what to do with them. Well one of the guild I belong to, makes baby quilts for the NICU. So now I know the size but what pattern. I turned around and grabbed a book off my shelf and found a star pattern that I thought I would like to try. It worked out great, 9" blocks with a border would get me the size I needed. I had just enough of the dark pink for sashing and binding. I just love it when a plan comes together. With supper in the oven I had just enough time to machine quilt it. Boy my free motioning needs lots more practice! I think I would call this pattern very wobbly hearts or something to that effect!!
finished product which needs binding finished
That is probably the end of my sewing week. We have to move our daughter starting Thursday from her apartment to our home then the next day to her new apartment, 5 hours away!! She is starting her new full time job on Monday...exciting and nervous times for her and mom and dad!!
I can only hope that in my travels I will get to slip into one just one quilt store to get some BLACK fabric!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...