Sunday 3 November 2013

Another Hunting Season

Yup DH is gone again...deer season opens tomorrow...so another week of playing and very little housework or cooking!!!
Add caption
I am enjoying the little bit of hand quilting I am able to do on this quilt I have been working on. Spent yesterday and this afternoon finishing up the machine quilting so I could enjoy an evening of hand stitching tonight.I was not happy with the machine quilting I did in the set in triangles so I removed it and did hand quilting. Not a big deal except I wasn't sure about the flannel backing. It quilts beautifully!! So onward I decided to do more quilting in the larger border. I found a feather stencil that I have been wanting to use and decided on it. You can just barely see my pencil marks in the pic. I will work on it and hope for another finished quilt this week. It is extra exciting for me, as I was thinking this one would take a longer period of time to complete.
Also checking in with my friend Kathy and seeing what everyone else is stitching on today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...