Sunday 24 November 2013

First snowy blast

view out my front door this morning
Well I think winter has arrived!!! It started snowing on Friday afternoon and has snowed off and on all day yesterday. So it was a a good day to sew and do the mounds of laundry...ours and what our daughter brought with her. This is her last weekend home before she moves. Everything else she has is packed so she needed some clean things and this mom was willing to oblige! Daughter and her cousin decided to do some Christmas cookies... yet another reason to escape to my sewing room!!
this was on my design wall from the other day
So while there, I finished putting the borders on my dresdan plate. I mitred the corners and after worrying about getting the stripes to match, not a single corner is the same and only one had perfectly matched stripes. Whatcha gonna do!!! And as luck would have it(hubby somehow knew I would find it)I found some backing fabric in my stash for it too. So I sewed the pieces together. The quilt is 86 x100 ...yikes what was I thinking. I was even going to put it on the frame to hand quilt but I think I will wait till after the holidays now.
So the plan for today is fold and put all the laundry away, early dinner with daughter and send her on her way home and then a relaxing afternoon and evening catching up on some knitting. Got to get those Christmas presents finished!So slow stitching Sunday with Kathy will be knitting for me and maybe a movie or two!
Heads up that is not a parking lot, that is our driveway, and there is one car missing. Always looks like a party is going on!!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my! I thought it was cold at my house, but at least we do not have snow! Your dresden plate looks great, hope you will continue to share with us once you start hand quilting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I was pulling into that spot in your parking lot to join you for a relaxing stitching and movies party! ENjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huge driveway...welcome anytime. Maybe we will have to have you and the fabric Phirahnas one weekend!!

      Delete
  3. Your Dresden looks very nice! Since you got to excape to your sewing, I think you got the best part of the deal.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Dresden! I love that snow ... Wish we had some here. We've just got COLD temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Dresden. Love the snow picture (because it doesn't snow down here in Florida!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I can keep them coming just for you to enjoy!

      Delete
  6. I love Dresdens and yours is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks cold enough to justify staying inside to knit. What a pretty Dresden Plate quilt, enjoy the quilting.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...