Monday 2 December 2013

December already!

Am I the only one wondering how it is December 2 already? I have been knitting Christmas presents, but guess I will have to start making those lists for shopping in the mall!! YIKES!!! I did a whole lot of baking yesterday and so no slow stitching of any kind  was accomplished. Today was a grocery and special trip to the bulk food store for ingredients for Christmas cake, that will be made tomorrow!
Tonight is the first of three guild Christmas parties. At least they are spread out, one each week for the next three weeks.
On the weekend we moved our daughter to her new apartment and settled her in. She started her new job this morning. During our drive home from her place, I got to go to one quilt store. DH stopped long enough for that! It was indeed a good choice as they were having a sale (20% off the whole store) oh if I had had more time!! lol But I did manage to get some black for that binding. I bought a couple different ones in case the first one wouldn't do. Also picked up two 1 meter cuts that were only $5 each! That is a bargain in my world.Only problem is they made it to my sewing room and I haven't had time to take them out of the bag or put them away!
Also on the weekend I picked up two panels that a friend ordered for me. I have a pattern and some coordinating fabric
sorry not sure how to turn this right side up
to make something, but while looking through a magazine I bought, I found another pattern that I like better so that will be done in the future! It is from Stonehenge.
This was indeed a busy weekend. Bonnie Hunter released the first clue in her new mystery quilt. I said I wasn't going to do it, but after looking at her link up today, I am feeling left out. Should I or shouldn't I.......hmmmm! Stay tuned to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...