Wednesday 6 November 2013

Rain, rain go away ...I want snow!

challenge fabric on left 
Yes it is raining in my neighbourhood today and I would rather have snow. It seems so dreary. So what is a girl to do but play with some fabric and her new sewing machine and try to brighten the day.First order of business was to put together the Christmas stocking that I started yesterday and did some decorative stitching on last night.It is a challenge for one of the guilds I belong to.

 I have to complete it now as I will be very busy moving my daughter the week before it is due. No time like the present. I think it turned out cute and will be given to my daughter for a decoration for her new apartment.
I will post more pics to help you guess
Then I had just a bit more time to waste so I continued sewing on these scraps. And they are scraps leftover from a bag I made and a quilt that a friend made. I am making one of Bonnie Hunter's quilts in minature. Can you guess which one it is? They are small but not as small as the pieces my friend Kathy likes to play with. See what she has been doing...I think she is crazy to work on things that small but I love her to bits ( no pun intended)
Hope you are doing something to make you smile today. I am having lunch and then off to see my knitting friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...